Dear Friends of the Charlotte Latin Mass Community,
Laudetur Iesus Christus! Please take note about the following updates relevant to the coming days:
- A note about Mass Propers: We received a wonderful message from a distinguished member of our parish who is a published author and has done far more than we have for the advancement of the Latin Mass in his life. His observations are noteworthy and a good reminder for me as much as anyone. This man noticed that quite a few people are using the Red Missals but without the Mass Propers. This is really unfortunate as we miss some of the great prayers of the Mass, in particular, the magnificent Roman Collects. A great point to keep in mind!
- St. Joseph College Seminary: Please note that tomorrow after all Masses at St. Ann and St. Thomas Aquinas, there will be people selling meal tickets for the “Heavenly Hog BBQ Fundraiser” which is selling BBQ to raise money for the St. Joseph College Seminary (Note new website: http://charlotteseminaryproject.org/). Please bring some extra funds to Mass with you tomorrow. They are also accepting orders online here: http://www.stacouncil10505.org/~shop/main.html
- Jylian Carter enters Carmel: In case you missed the great article in the Catholic News Herald by SueAnn Howell, I share it with you here: http://catholicnewsherald.com/90-news/local/732-st-ann-parishioner-enters-carmel-aug-30. Please note how she credits the Latin Mass and the traditional devotions of the Church as an important aide in her vocation.
- Masses offered from Father Carter in Rome: As you may know, our dear friend, Father Noah Carter has returned to Rome, Italy to complete his Licentiate in Liturgical Theology at the North American College. He has had several people including me approach him about Mass intentions for his private Masses while in Rome. In response, Father Carter has built this wonderful website for people to make requests (fathernoahcarter.com). Be sure to write in the comments section to request that Father offer a Latin Mass for your intention.
- Feast of the Dedication of St. Michael the Archangel (Michaelmas): Thursday, September 29, Feast of the Dedication of St. Michael the Archangel: There will be a Missa Cantata at St. Michael the Archangel parish in Gastonia at 10am. This feast is the Patronal Feast Day for the parish.
- Time Correction for Friday October 7th Mass for Our Lady of the Rosary: Please note that the First Friday Mass for October will be on October 7th as previously announced, however, the correct time will be 6:00 PM and not 7pm.
- Other significant upcoming Masses (stay tuned for more information):
- Sunday, October 30th, Feast of Christ the King
- Wednesday, November 2nd, Feast of All Souls; @ St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
- Saturday, December 17th, Ember Saturday of Advent; Rorate Mass of our Lady: 6:30 am
- Sunday, December 25th, Christmas Midnight Mass