Laudetur Iesus Christus! We have several updates to share this month.
- Newly Instituted Daily Masses at St. Ann: Firstly, on Wednesday this week, was the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, and the 9th anniversary of the implementation of Pope Benedict’s Moto Proprio Summorum Pontificum which restored the Traditional Latin Mass as a sacred right of the faithful. It was therefore fitting that Fr. Reid made a significant announcement about the Latin Masses at St. Ann’s from the pulpit at this Mass.In response to our request and in consultation with Bishop Jugis, Fr. Reid announced there would now be 2 additional weekday Latin Masses. Beginning October 17th, Mass will now be offered on:
- Monday at 8:30am
- Wednesday 6pm (existing)
- Friday at 7:00am (previously only 1st Fridays)
Moreover, he expressed the goal of having daily Masses everyday. However, in order to do so, he would needs the Bishop to assign a parochial vicar (Fr. Barone is only “In residence”). Father then challenged us: in order to receive a parochial vicar we need to increase our Mass attendance number to justify this need.
- Black Cope Fundraising Update: Good news, after our last update asking for additional contributions to this fundraiser, the parish received numerous donations which were enough to satisfy the funding goal of $2,500 and I have been told that Father has already ordered the cope. Let’s pray that it can be completed in time for All Souls.
- Latin Mass Welcome Reception/Coffee: Tomorrow, the 18th Sunday after Pentecost, after the 12:30 pm Latin Mass at St. Ann, the Charlotte Latin Mass Community will be hosting our quarterly welcome reception. If you are new to the Latin Mass … this is a good opportunity to introduce yourself. We will have coffee and donuts, and other light snacks for the kids (with parents permission of course).
- Liturgy & Fraternity Cancelled this month: This next Wednesday is our normally scheduled Liturgy & Fraternity mens group, but since the 3rd Wednesday of September falls on Ember Wednesday (Michaelmas Embertide) which is traditionally a day of fasting around harvest time.
- October First Friday: Please note that in October the First Friday falls on October 7th which is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary. This week also coincides with a diocesan retreat for priests, and so Father Reid will be moving the regular 7:00 am Low Mass to a 7:00 PM Mass … and the Mass will be elevated to a Missa Cantata.
- MiraVia Pro-Life Fundraising Banquet: On Thursday, 10/20/2016, is the 22nd Annual Fundraising Banquet for MiraVia. This year, the CLMC will be hosting a table. Please let us know by contacting us if you are interested in joining us for this great pro-life event and we will reserve you seats. If you have already registered, and would like to sit at our table, we can arrange that as well … just let us know.