The Charlotte Latin Mass Community (CLMC) is a group of faithful laity who supports and promotes the Traditional Latin Mass (Mass in the Extraordinary Form) in the Diocese of Charlotte, specifically in the Charlotte metro area. Under the patronage of St. Gregory the Great, we organize and support events related to the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM), and support our priests in offering the Mass. Over the years the CLMC has:
- Secured Vatican approval to obtain a permanent Sunday Traditional Latin Mass in Charlotte.
- Hosted visiting Latin Mass priests including Father Michael Rodriguez (Diocese of El Paso), Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP) priests Father Matthew McNeely, FSSP and Superior General Father John Berg FSSP. (The FSSP is a Latin Mass religious order).
- Provided logistical support for the first Requiem All Souls Mass at St. Ann.
- Supported the Latin Conference hosted at Belmont Abbey College.
- Organized a monthly fellowship coffee after 12:30pm Sunday Mass at St. Ann
- Established a Latin Mass information table to greet visitors and answer questions about the TLM.
- Raised funds to pay for several full sets of vestments for priests.
- Inaugurated a Latin Mass Class series to help catechize the faithful on the Latin Mass.
If you are interested in the Latin Mass and wish to receive our e-mails (or have questions), please contact us.