Laudetur Iesus Christus! Tomorrow is election day, and His Excellency Bishop Jugis has issued a statement noting that abortion is “on the ballot” for tomorrow’s election and is calling for the offering of prayers today and tomorrow. He is also calling for preaching by priests on the sanctity of human life and proper formation of Catholic consciences. See attached letter for details.
Many in our community may still be looking for resources on how to vote pro-life. We include two resources below:
- Federal and Statewide Offices – see North Carolina Right to Life’s Endorsements: https://ncrtlpac.com/vote/
- All Other Down Ballot Offices (county, local) – see Vote Catholic.com and find the local Charlotte-area county endorsements at the bottom of this website: https://www.vote-catholic.com/
Please view the down ballot office races linked above – there are some Catholic candidates running for local office as well.
Election Novena Prayer to the Holy Face of Jesus
O Lord Jesus Christ, in presenting ourselves before Your adorable Face, to ask of You the graces of which we stand most in need, we beseech You, above all, to give us that interior disposition of never refusing at any time to do what You require of us by Your Holy Commandments and Your Divine inspirations. O Good Jesus, Who has said: “Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you,” give us, O Lord, that faith which obtains all, or supply in us what may be deficient. Grant us, by the pure effect of Thy Charity and for Thy eternal glory, the graces we need and which we look for from Thine infinite mercy, particularly (here mention the favor desired). Amen. Be merciful to us, O God, and reject not our prayers when, amid our afflictions, we call upon Your Holy Name and seek with love and confidence Your Adorable Face. Amen. We thank You, O Lord, for all Thy benefits, and we entreat You to engrave in our hearts feeling of love and gratitude, putting upon our lips songs of thanksgiving to Your eternal praise. Amen. – By Venerable Leo Dupont, the “Holy Man of Tours”
Intention: For the U.S. to return to God, defeat and conversion of communists, and for pro-life candidates to be elected who will end abortion.
Election Related Holy Face Prayer Vigils
Taking Bishop Jugis’ call to pray for the election, we are pleased to share the following Holy Face devotions which are being offered at the following parishes today and tomorrow. These are powerful devotions and we encourage those to attend if time permits.
- Holy Face Devotions (new updates)
- St. Mark – Monday November 7 at 6pm (Special time for Election eve)
- St. Thomas Aquinas – Tuesdays 6am in the main church
- St. Ann – Tuesdays 7:30am in the chapel after the Novus Ordo Mass (uses the booklet/chaplet which takes 15-20 minutes)
- **St. Michael the Archangel (NEW), Gastonia ** – Tuesday November 8, at 6:30pm, Holy Family Room
In conclusion we share with Michael Matt of The Remnant, the traditional Latin Mass newspaper with its election day message: https://remnant-tv.com/video/735/democrat-promises-baby-killing-satanism-deadly-vaccines