Christus Resurréxit! As we enter into the halfway point of Eastertide, we have a few updates to share:
Latin Mass Updates
St. Ann to live stream Sunday’s 12:30pm Traditional Latin Mass: St. Ann will again live stream the 12:30pm Latin Mass this Sunday May 3rd. www.facebook.com/StAnnCharlotte (You don’t need an account to view)
Supporting St. Ann: Also don’t forget to tithe to the parish during this time so it can continue its operations and minister to its parishioners & community: https://www.stanncharlotte.org/home/giving/
Our Lady of Grace Sunday Latin Mass online: For those living near Greensboro/Triad area, Our Lady of Grace in Greensboro is now live streaming their 1pm Sunday Latin Mass: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqOztANDOEDhteiGDM5dmaQ
COVID-19 Latin Mass Resource page: As a reminder the CLMC has many different spiritual resources on our website to utilize when public Masses and Sunday obligations are curtailed, including how to make a spiritual communion and online Masses. To review please visit: https://charlottelatinmass.org/covid-19-latin-mass/
Traditional Confirmation to be held July 12, 2020: Fr. Reid announced in last Sunday’s bulletin that traditional sacrament of Confirmation will be administered on Sunday July 12 at 12:30pm (Sunday Latin Mass). All Easter Vigil confirmation candidates are also encouraged to be confirmed on this date. Please contact the parish if you have a child ready to be confirmed.
Rogation Mass update: We are pleased to report that last Saturday April 25, Rogation Day, that the Seminary priests were able to offer a Rogation Mass (which was instituted by our patron Pope St. Gregory the Great to respond to a plague during his time). We are thankful to the Seminary for being able to offer this.
Bishop Jugis re-consecrates diocese to Blessed Mother: Bishop Jugis offer this prayer of re-consecration yesterday at the seminary (much more palatable than the one in Los Angeles!): https://youtu.be/wIGEgyf8G-o?t=3900
Other Latin Mass news
- Bishop Schneider’s latest interview on the church closures: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/bishop-schneider-coronavirus-is-causing-a-catacomb-church-to-emerge
- Good Shephard Sunday sermon by Fr. John Berg, FSSP (St. Mary’s, Providence, Rhode Island): https://youtu.be/huR1WqVoObY?t=1707 (excellent sermon on the upcoming Vatican – Latin Mass survey sent to all Bishops)
- EWTN interview with Fr. John Zuhlsdorf on the Vatican Survey on the Latin Mass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfJCQeHsJCI
- The long-term dangers of online Masses: https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2020/04/tired-of-streaming-masses-alternative.html#more (helpful reminder)
- How the Traditional Latin Mass is uniquely suited to meet the faithful’s needs during a public health crisis:https://www.hprweb.com/2020/04/epidemic-and-the-liturgical-reform/#.Xqmz8V9he08.twitter