Laudetur Iesus Christus! As we approach the 100th anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady to the children at Fatima (this Saturday May 13), we wanted to share information about Latin Masses, and a few noteworthy Fatima related events.
The 2 Latin Masses for the feast day (Saturday May 13) in Charlotte proper are 8am Low Mass at Holy Trinity Middle School and 10am High Mass at St. Thomas Aquinas (there’s also an 8:15am Low Mass at St. Michael). Please note, this quick list is not exhaustive as many parishes in our diocese are following Bishop Jugis’ lead in promoting a devotion to this important apparition.
Saturday May 13
- 7am – Holy Hour of Reparation – Ann parish (followed by Novus Ordo Mass at 8am).
- 8am Low Mass – Holy Trinity Middle School, Charlotte (3100 Park Road – just up the block from St. Ann). Joseph Matlak, Holy Trinity MS chaplain will offer a Traditional Latin Mass at the middle school chapel at 8am. The chapel is located in the Mercy building, which is the larger building with the cross and emblem on it. Go in thru the front doors and the chapel will be straight ahead. Park anywhere on the campus.
- 8:15am Low Mass – St. Michael in Gastonia
- 10am High Mass – St. Thomas Aquinas parish
- 10:30am – Fatima Rosary, Cathedral of St. Patrick (followed by Novus Ordo Mass at 11 with His Excellency Bishop Peter Jugis)
- 7pm – Fatima event, St. Mark parish, Huntersville. Veneration of Our Lady of Fatima Statue at 7pm in parish hall (Plenary Indulgence attached), followed by the showing of Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima movie.
- 7:30pm – Fatima procession, St. Thomas Aquinas parish, Charlotte
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!