Laudetur Iesus Christus! This Sunday (depending on the parish) we will travel back in liturgical time to mark the 6th Sunday after Epiphany.
Sunday November 15 – 6th Sunday After Epiphany
While the pagan merchants of the world are busy putting up “Christmas” decorations and offering “holiday” sales, today the traditional Mass liturgically resumes the Epiphanytide (Christmas) season with the 6th Sunday after Epiphany. Most years, the final few Sundays after Epiphany are “pre-empted” in February by due to the start of the pre-Lent season of Septuagesima and Easter’s changing date each year. There is also typically a gap in Sundays in November, so the Church fills these pre-empted Sundays before the last/24th Sunday after Pentecost (which is next Sunday). Dr. Mike Foley bridges both this Sunday and next with a reflection on the propers: http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2020/11/reasonable-meditation-and-collect-for.html
- St. Thomas Aquinas: 11:30am High Mass
- St. Ann: 12:30pm High Mass
Mass Cancellation next Friday November 20: Per Fr. Reid, the 7am Latin Mass next Friday November 20 is canceled. There will be a 12:30pm Latin Mass at St. Mark.
Stay the Course: Fr. Chad Ripperger’s analysis on the Election and the Diabolical
Stay the course: Please continue praying the Rosary, making sacrifices for our nation, and tuning out the media. There is a battle for our nation’s soul that is much bigger than the election and as Fr. Reid noted last week, God is ultimately in charge, and engaged in this period of time (when is He not?). Especially noteworthy however, was an interview exorcist Fr. Chad Ripperger gave last week about our nation’s situation. He indicated that the current upheaval in our land reminds him of when that a demon is about to be exorcised from a possessed person, the demon rages with even more ferocity than ever. You can watch the interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrLr4jW0Eo
Fr. Ripperger suggests stepping up the prayers, especially against the diabolical. He suggests two extra prayers, which the laity can pray (we attach them here).
- Binding prayer to consecrate all external goods (including the election) to the Blessed Mother (this takes them away from the grasp of the demons)
- Prayer to ask Christ to send away any evil spirits related to the election or President
Please consider adding these to your prayers.
Latin Mass & Traditional News
- SAVE THE DATE – Sunday November 22nd: Fr. Barone returns to St. Ann to unveil a new Latin Institute: On Sunday, November 22nd, at 2:00 p.m. in the cafeteria of the Allen Center, St. Ann’s will host the first public announcement of a new Latin institute. The Veterum Sapientia Institute (VSI), named after Pope John XXIII’s 1962 Apostolic Constitution, which defended and promoted the study of Latin in seminaries, comes as the natural fruit of the eight annual conferences hosted in the Charlotte area. The goal of VSI is to provide Latin and Greek studies via online classes and in-person intensive programs to any priest, seminarian, or religious in the world. We also hope to respond to the needs of the lay faithful, such as homeschool families and Latin Mass attendees. I hope to see you on the 22nd for refreshments and a few brief presentations. ~ Fr. Barone
- The Traditional view of the Sacrament of Extreme Unction: The Fraternity of St. Peter (an order of priests which offer the Latin Mass exclusively), has published two educational articles on the traditional view of the Sacrament of Extreme Unction and how it differs from the modern view of Anointing of the Sick.
- No Stone Unturned: Extreme Unction: https://fssp.com/no-stone-unturned-extreme-unction/
- Be Prepared for that Last Step: Extreme Unction continued: https://fssp.com/be-prepared-for-that-last-step-extreme-unction-continued/
- Traditional Sermons related to our national situation courtesy of Sensus Fidelium
- These Are The Times That Try Men’s Souls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcxOM9lDeqk
- What a Mess! Do Not Lose Hope & Accept the Cross: https://youtu.be/4xrI0_4F8UE
- The Importance of Defending National Sovereignty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Imvh_UcKA&pbjreload=102
- Juventutem talks available: For those who missed previous Juventutem talks – including last Saturday’s talk, please view them here: https://charlottelatinmass.org/resources/juventutem-classes/
- 9 Ways Catholics Should Respond to the Threat of COVID-19 Church Shutdowns: With the threat of a second immoral lockdown on the horizon (will the Health Dictatorship cancel Christmas?), Msgr. Charles Pope proposed some ways the Bishops can fight the Marxist lockdowns and defend Christ and His Church: https://www.ncregister.com/blog/9-ways
- Viganò on Biden, the American Bishops, Fr. James Martin & Other Occupants of the Castle of Falsehoods: Archbishop Viganò highlights the faithlessness of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops as they embraced the secularist mindset:
- Michael Matt & The Remnant: Prepare for battle, have hope and defeat this coming Tower of Babel (i.e. the Great Reset):