Laudetur Iesus Christus! We have some important changes for Latin Mass Sunday March 15. Please read carefully as this effects everyone.
Due to Governor Cooper’s order about the coronavirus, Bishop Jugis has basically limited Masses to just 100 people (while canceling others). At St. Ann parish the normal Sunday Latin Mass at 12:30pm will continue with the following changes:
- St. Ann parish is limiting Sunday Masses to 100 people per Mass. After that amount is reached, the doors will be closed.
- For those unable to receive Holy Communion, Spiritual Communions are also encouraged by the Saints. Read here: https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-catholic-survival-guide-for-covid-19.html
Dispensation to attend Mass is waived:
Bishop Jugis has issued a dispensation to all Catholics in the Diocese of Charlotte from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. However you are still required to keep the day holy. Learn more here: https://charlottediocese.org/coronavirus-update/ (FYI – Bishop Jugis will issue offer a special Sunday Mass with a message you can watch here after 10:30am Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/user/DioceseOfCharlotte)
Alternate Latin Masses:
As of late Saturday night, the Diocese of Charleston still has a normal Sunday Mass schedule and Prince of Peace Parish in Taylors, SC has their normal 12 noon Latin Mass: https://www.princeofpeacetaylors.net/ (this could change so check the website or Diocese of Charleston)
Online Latin Masses:
- The Latin Mass/FSSP parish in Rome will live stream its Latin Mass every day at 1:30pm Eastern time: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClAtfCutuTEauRbJIUCVlcA
- net (run by FSSP) live streams Latin Masses throughout each day from across the world. Please see broadcast schedule at: http://livemass.net/
- John Cantius parish in Chicago will live stream their Latin Masses daily. Click here to see schedule and stream: https://www.cantius.org/go/news/detail/live_stream_of_masses/
- Institute of Christ the King parish in Pittsburgh will live stream a Sunday Latin Mass Sunday at 3pm: https://www.institute-christ-king.org/pittsburgh-news/929-sunday-march-15-3-p-m-live-stream-of-mass
- Institute of Christ the King parish in Limerick, Ireland will live stream a Sunday Latin Mass 6:30 AM EDT and 3pm Eastern on weekdays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHDtvE6QT1M&feature=emb_title
- Institute of Christ the King Seminary in Gricigliano, Italy, will live stream Sunday Latin Mass at 5:45 AM EDT: http://www.icrsp.org/direct/mass.htm
National Day of Prayer: President Trump has decreed today March 15 a national day of prayer. We encourage everyone to pray a Rosary or some other devotion for our nation.
Prayer in time of Epidemics: The FSSP is sharing its prayer in time of epidemics that all FSSP priests worldwide are praying Sunday. They invite you to join in (click here: Prayer-In-Time-of-Epidemic). Please also pray for the victims of the virus, and for healthcare workers treating them.
Pray for our priests!: This is a difficult time for our priests. Please pray for all of them and our Bishop.
Lastly, this is a very fluid situation and we will do our best to update you on changes.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!