Laudetur Iesus Christus!
This week is Advent Ember Week – The Ember Days are when the Church traditionally devoted three days (Wednesday, Friday & Saturday) each season to prayer and fasting (now optional) to give thanks to God for His creation and for graces in the season ahead. The Traditional Latin Mass calendar has many feasts and customs devoted to the land, agriculture and creation which are worth exploring sometime. As custom, we post an excellent summary by Fisheaters.com: https://www.fisheaters.com/customsadvent11.html
Liturgy & Fraternity is cancelled: Since this week is Emberweek, the 3rd Wednesday Liturgy & Fraternity is cancelled.
Emberweek Masses in Charlotte:
- Wednesday: St. Ann parish, 6pm (Low) & St. Thomas Aquinas parish, 7pm (High)
- Friday: St. Ann parish, 7am (Low) & St. Mark 12:30pm (Low)
- Saturday: None scheduled in Charlotte metro
Confessions this week at St. Vincent de Paul parish (Charlotte): Since many of Latin Mass attendees attend Confession frequently, you may be interested to know St. Vincent De Paul parish is having Confessions from 4-7pm every day this week (Dec. 16-20th). Thursday will be from 4-9pm. Website: https://www.stvincentdepaulchurch.com/
Annual blessing of religious objects this Sunday December 22 after 12:30pm Latin Mass: Just a reminder, this Sunday Fr. Reid will bless religious objects after the 12:30pm Sunday Latin Mass at St. Ann. This includes, statues, rosaries, sacred images, and other religious articles.
Blessing Instructions (IMPORTANT): Items must be placed on the blessing table in the narthex before Mass begins. Items in boxes or wrap, must be uncovered and opened so Father can see the items to be blessed. The blessings will begin immediately after Mass, which means items should be at the table prior to Mass starting. Please also offer a few extra prayers for Father for his taking the time for this event.
New Christmastide Mass updates: Here are the newest additions to the Christmastide Latin Mass schedule. For the entire Christmastide schedule visit our webpage at: https://charlottelatinmass.org/mass-times/
- Christmas: St. Elizabeth of the Hill Country, Boone, NC: Christmas Midnight Latin Mass, (Solemn High) – St. Elizabeth is 2 hours northwest of Charlotte
- Christmas: Our Lady of Grace parish, Greensboro: 11:00 AM Christmas Day (High) – Our Lady of Grace is 90 minutes north of Charlotte
- Feast of St. John (Blessing of Wine): St. Mark parish, Friday December 27, 12:30pm Latin Mass (Low). Bring your bottles of wine to be blessed immediately after Mass.
- Feast of the Circumcision (January 1): Our Lady of Grace parish, Greensboro: Midnight January 1 (High) – Our Lady of Grace is 90 minutes north of Charlotte
- Feast of the Circumcision (January 1): St. Thomas Aquinas parish, 7pm (High)
- Epiphany Holy Water, chalk & salt blessing (January 5): After 12:30pm Sunday Mass, January 5, St. Ann parish. (Note: Epiphany Water is customarily blessed on the Vigil of Epiphany, January 5). Please bring any water, chalk and salt you will like to have blessed. More details in the weeks ahead. St. Ann will hold a special 6pm Low Mass on Monday January 6.
These are just the new Latin Masses announced in the last week. Please see the entire schedule posted here: https://charlottelatinmass.org/mass-times/
Lastly, St. Ann is organizing their annual Christmas cleaning in the church this Saturday December 21 from 8:00AM to noon this Saturday. Refreshments will be provided.