Laudetur Iesus Christus! We have several updates to share with you.
Annual Rosary Novena to our patron, St. Gregory begins this Saturday March 3: Each year we pray a Rosary novena to the CLMC’s patron saint, St. Gregory the Great (he reformed the Roman Liturgy, i.e. the Latin Mass, and the chant that bears his name). The novena begins this Saturday March 3rd which is the 5 year anniversary of our Sunday Latin Mass at St. Ann and concludes Sunday March 11, the “vigil” of the Feast of St. Gregory.
The novena is simple – pray a Rosary, then add the attached prayers to St. Gregory afterwards (we’ll also have cards at High Mass). Like last year we again pray for these ongoing intentions:
- Full sacramental/parish life in the Extraordinary Form for Charlotte (includes daily Masses & confessions, Confirmation, Triduum, traditional catechesis, devotions, etc.)
- Sanctity of our Latin Mass Priests and Bishop Jugis
- That Our Lord may send more Latin Mass priests and traditional vocations to Charlotte
Would you join us in praying the novena?
Annual Feast of St. Gregory Celebration Sunday March 11: After the 12:30 PM Latin Mass at St. Ann we will be holding our annual Feast of St. Gregory celebration (the actual feast is Monday). The Cantate Domino Latin Choir will also be present to provide some beautiful chant during Mass and afterwards we will host a celebration with musical themed treats to honor the patron of Gregorian chant.
Looking ahead here are a few other upcoming events:
- Sunday March 18 – Life of Christ Reflection by Fr. Barone: After 12:30pm Latin Mass at St. Ann Fr. Barone will provide a brief talk afterwards on his visit to the Holy Land and reflections on the Passion. This will be a potluck lunch & learn event. More details forthcoming.
- Saturday March 24 – Respect Life Mass at 9am: Fr. Barone will offer a Latin Mass for the 4th Saturday Respect Life. More details forthcoming.
- Holy Week: As noted before, St. Ann and Fr. Barone will offer the Easter Triduum in the Extraordinary Form. For more details visit here: https://charlottelatinmass.org/2018/02/21/st-ann-to-host-2nd-traditional-easter-triduum-2018/