Laudetur Iesus Christus! Greetings to you all and may the joy of the risen Christ bring peace to your homes throughout Paschaltide. For those of you who missed seeing Father Timothy Reid interviewed on the EWTN show, The Journey Home, the show was recorded and uploaded on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI8xENPIYE.
There are several noteworthy updates for the coming weeks:
- Wednesday Latin Mass Cancelled for Tomorrow (St. Ann): Notice that there will be no Latin Mass at St. Ann tomorrow due to Ordinary Form Confirmation Mass that will be held later that evening.
- Notable events for this coming Sunday, April 30th (St. Ann):
– First Communion Reception: In honor of the First Communicants who will have received First Holy Communion, there will be a cake and coffee reception in the courtyard after Mass.
– Blessed Palms for the Feast of St. Peter Martyr: April 29th is the Feast of St. Peter Martyr (or St. Peter of Verona), a 13th century Dominican Friar. In the Extraordinary Form, there is an ancient custom to honor St. Peter by having palm leaves blessed in his honor. Tradition holds that when these blessed palm leaves are made into crosses and buried in the four corners of one’s property, they are to guard against natural disasters. Fr. Reid has generously agreed to bless St. Peter palms for our Community and we will be handing out these “blessed palm kits” on Sunday May 1st before and after the 12:30pm Latin Mass at St. Ann’s. Please stop by the Latin Mass table to pick them up while quantities last. For more information on St. Peter of Verona: http://opcentral.org/blog/saint-peter-of-verona/
– Latin Mass Young Adult Group: The Latin Mass Young Adult Group will meet after the 12:30pm Latin Mass at St. Ann’s and enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant. Those in their 20s/30s (married or single) are welcome to attend (note: you don’t have to attend the Latin Mass to be welcome). For more info please contact us.
- May 6th First Saturday Mass Cancelled (St. Thomas Aquinas): Please note that there will be no First Saturday Latin Mass at St. Thomas Aquinas on May 6th as they will instead have Ordinary Form First Communions that day.
- May 13th Missa Cantata for Our Lady of Fatima (St. Thomas Aquinas): On May 13th St. Thomas Aquinas will offer a special Missa Cantata at 10:00am for the 100th Anniversary of Apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima.